After the recent updates, many players are struggling with the Dragon Age Inquisition Immediately Closes issue. The game launches but immediately closes once the loading progress is completed.
There could be one out of several reasons why you are facing this issue for the Dragon Age Inquisition game. To help you out, I’ve discussed all the possible causes and fixes that can help you to play this game again.
Table of Contents
- 6 Common Reasons Why Dragon Age Inquisition Immediately Closes on Your PC
- How to Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Immediately Closes Error in 6 Easy Ways
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum system requirement to run Dragon Age Inquisition for PC?
- Does Dragon Age Inquisition have any glitches?
- How can I improve the PC gaming experience for Dragon Age Inquisition?
- Does the Lunge skill upgrade crash the Dragon Age Inquisition game?
- Why Dragon Age Inquisition immediately closes on your PC?
6 Common Reasons Why Dragon Age Inquisition Immediately Closes on Your PC
Dragon Age Inquisition closes immediately after launching due to third-party antivirus conflicts, in-game Origins menu incompatibility, outdated graphics drivers, or incorrect graphics settings. An overclocked GPU or RAM, lunge bug, or 3D Vision can also interfere with the game running properly.
This game may close due to compatibility issues, corrupted game files, or software conflicts. Here are the details of the possible reasons that are causing this game to close immediately:
1. Third-Party Antivirus
When an antivirus program recognizes the game as a potential threat, it tries to interfere with or block the game from running. While in some cases, the antivirus may mistakenly identify the game’s files as malicious and delete or quarantine them. So, this can cause Dragon Age Inquisition to immediately close after its launch.
2. In-Game Origins Menu
The Origins menu in Dragon Age Inquisition is an in-game feature where you can access additional content. This feature can also crash your game if it has software conflicts, compatibility issues, or some technical problems.
3. Incompatible Graphics Settings
If you run Dragon Age Inquisition with graphics settings, it will cause the game to have performance issues and become unstable. This happens because your system may not be capable of handling the high graphics settings. So, eventually, the Dragon Age Inquisition game will immediately close before launching.
4. NVIDIA 3D Vision Interference
NVIDIA 3D Vision renders the game graphics in real-time to give you an immersive gaming experience. This software may interfere with Dragon Age Inquisition processes and cause the game to crash before it can launch on your system.
5. Lunge Upgrade Bug
Many users reported this issue when they upgraded their character to the Effortless Lunge Skill. Plus, it is more common with modest GPU cards. So, if you have upgraded your character with Lunge skills, it could cause Dragon Age Inquisition to crash and close immediately.
6. Overclocked GPU or RAM
The overclocked GPU or RAM improves the performance of some apps running in your system. But this can also cause instability issues for some games. At worst, it may even damage the hardware if not done properly. So, if you have overclocked GPU or RAM, it may be the reason to crash the Dragon Age Inquisition and close it immediately after its launch.
How to Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Immediately Closes Error in 6 Easy Ways
To fix Dragon Age Inquisition Immediately Closes Error, disable third-party antivirus, 3D Vision, or the in-game Origins menu. You can also adjust your graphics settings, delete game cache files, change launch settings, or update the graphics driver. In some cases, you may need to perform a clean boot to eliminate this error.
Dragon Age Inquisition closing immediately after launch can be frustrating. You should try to verify the game files, close unnecessary programs, and check your hardware compatibility for this game. You can use my step-by-step guide to fix the Dragon Age Inquisition Immediately Closes error.
1. Disable Third-Party Antivirus Protection
To stop your game from crashing because of the antivirus program, you can either disable it temporarily or add the game to its exception list. So, it’s your choice- but here, I’ve listed the steps for both processes.
If you’re using Windows Security, follow these steps to disable it temporarily:
- Click the Windows icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings icon above the Power button.
- Here, select Update & Security toward the end of the window.
- Select Windows Security from the left navigation bar.
- Tap Virus & threat protection on the right side of the screen under Protection areas.
- Scroll down on the right side of the screen to find and select the Manage settings option under Virus & threat protection settings.
- Toggle Real-time protection off and select Yes on the UAC prompt. Your antivirus protection will be disabled.
However, a system without an antivirus is at risk of malware attacks. So, always enable your third-party antivirus after resolving the issue to protect your system.
2. Uninstall NVIDIA 3D Vision
If you are using 3D Vision and it is causing interference with the game, it could cause the game to crash or close. Try uninstalling 3D Vision to see if that fixes the problem.
To uninstall 3D Vision in Windows, follow these steps:
- Close any open programs and ensure you are logged in as an administrator. Then, press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the empty Open section of the Run dialog box and click OK.
- The Programs and Features window will open. Scroll down the list of installed programs and find NVIDIA 3D Vision. Right-click NVIDIA 3D Vision and select Uninstall. You can also select NVIDIA 3D Vision and click the Uninstall button at the top.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the 3D Vision uninstallation process. Then, restart your computer.
Uninstalling NVIDIA 3D Vision may stop the Dragon Age Inquisition crashes, but you will no longer be able to use 3D Vision with your computer. If you want to use 3D Vision again, you will need to install it again from the NVIDIA website.
3. Disable the In-Game Origins Menu
Some users have reported that the In-Game Origins menu in Dragon Age Inquisition can cause the game to crash. So, You can try disabling the Origins menu to see if that fixes the problem.
To disable the Origin In-Game menu, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open the Origin client and log in to your EA account.
- Click your username in the top right corner of the Origin client and select Application Settings from the drop-down menu.
- In the left menu, under Application, click the Origin In-Game tab.
- Toggle the Enable Origin In-Game option off.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
After disabling the Origin In-Game menu, it will no longer display while you play the Dragon Age Inquisition game. If you want to enable the Origin In-Game menu again, simply follow the same steps and toggle the Enable Origin In-Game option On.
4. Delete the Game’s Cache
Besides fixing the Dragon Age Inquisition immediately closes issue on your PC, this method also improves the gaming performance. This is because it deletes the cache files of Dragon Age Inquisition.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Close the game and any other programs. Then, Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type %ProgramData%\Origin and click OK. This will open the Origin folder in the Program Data directory.
- Find the folder for Dragon Age Inquisition and delete it. Then, restart your computer for changes to take effect.
However, deleting the cache files of your game can fix issues like crashing or progress not saving. However, it will also delete temporary files created while playing. To prevent loss of progress, back up important data before deleting the cache files.
5. Change Launch Settings
Run the game as an administrator to provide all privileges and permissions to use your system’s resources. This is useful if any game crashes on launch due to a lack of privileges.
To run Dragon Age Inquisition as an administrator, you will need to follow these steps:
- Close the game and any other programs that are running. Then, right-click the game launcher file and select Properties from the context menu.
- Select the Compatibility tab in the Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, check the Run this program as an administrator option and click OK to save the changes.
However, running any game as an administrator may resolve Dragon Age Inquisition immediately closes error, but it may expose your computer to security risks. You should only use this option if you are familiar with the risks and understand how to protect your computer.
6. Perform a Clean Boot
When you perform a clean boot, Windows starts with limited drivers and programs. If the game runs smoothly after performing a clean boot, you can try enabling the startup services one by one to see which one is causing the issue.
To perform a clean boot in Windows, you will need to follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type msconfig and click OK to open the System Configuration window.
- In the General tab, select Selective startup.
- Uncheck the Load startup items option.
- In the Services tab, check the Hide all Microsoft services option, click Disable all, and then click OK.
- Now, restart your computer system.
Performing a clean boot may cause certain programs or features to be unavailable. You should only use a clean boot as a troubleshooting step and not as a permanent solution for fixing the Dragon Age Inquisition immediately closes error on your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum system requirement to run Dragon Age Inquisition for PC?
The minimum requirement to run Dragon Age Inquisition on a PC is 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 or 8.1 64-bit, AMD quad-core CPU @ 2.5 GHz, Intel quad-core CPU @ 2.0 GHz, 26 GB free disk space, and 512 MB dedicated video RAM. You also need a 512 MB AMD Radeon HD 4870, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT video card. Your pixel and vertex shader must be 4.0.
Does Dragon Age Inquisition have any glitches?
Like most PC games, Dragon Age Inquisition also has glitches. Besides the game’s random crashes, you may experience your characters freezing or flying away during gameplay. Some players have also reported cutscene interruptions.
How can I improve the PC gaming experience for Dragon Age Inquisition?
To improve your PC gaming experience for Dragon Age Inquisition, you can update your graphics driver and try different graphics settings. You may set it to low graphics settings if the game is running poorly or customize it if your computer can handle it. However, you can also use your computer’s default graphics settings.
Does the Lunge skill upgrade crash the Dragon Age Inquisition game?
Some users reported this issue when they upgraded their character to the Effortless Lunge Skill, and the game crashed. You can install the latest patch or disable this skill for your character until the official team resolves this bug.
Why Dragon Age Inquisition immediately closes on your PC?
The Dragon Age Inquisition immediately closes on your PC because of the following reasons:
1. Third-party antivirus conflicts.
2. In-game Origins menu.
3. Outdated graphics drivers.
4. Incorrect graphics settings.
5. Overclocked GPU or RAM.
7. Lunge bug or glitch.
8. 3D Vision interference.