Had to stop in the middle of editing your TikTok video, but now you can’t seem to find the draft? You search the whole app panicking and wondering- where are my drafts on TikTok? I can imagine the panic of possibly losing all your hard work. The good news is your video is not lost. It is probably saved in your drafts.
Read this article to learn where to find your TikTok drafts. Also, find out how you can create, save, edit, and delete TikTok drafts on your phone. So, let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
- Where Are My Drafts on TikTok?
- How to Create Drafts on TikTok App? -The 2 Ways
- How to Delete TikTok Drafts? -2 Simple Ways
- Can I Recover Deleted Drafts on TikTok?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Where Are My Drafts on TikTok?
Your drafts are stored in the Drafts folder of the TikTok app. To access the folder, tap on the Profile icon in the bottom right corner. Here, you’ll see four thumbnails under your bio. The first one is the Drafts folder showing the number of saved drafts.
The Draft folder acts as your temporary storage space where you can keep videos for editing and posting later. You can tap on any video thumbnail in the folder to edit it with effects, captions, and sound whenever you like.
Here are the steps to find drafts videos on TikTok:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Tap the Profile icon in the bottom right corner of the app.
- Here, you’ll see your posted videos along with the drafts you’ve saved under the three dotted lines. The number of drafts you’ve saved is displayed next to the word Drafts.
- Tap on Drafts: X (X being the number of your drafts), and you’ll see all video drafts, which you can edit, delete, or post.
How to Create Drafts on TikTok App? -The 2 Ways
After recording a TikTok video, tap Next to open the Post page, where you’ll see two options: Post and Draft. Simply tap the Draft button at the bottom left of the Post page to save your video to the Drafts folder.
While this is the easier and preferred method, you can also capture videos on your phone and keep them in your gallery. Below, we’ve explained the different ways of saving drafts on TikTok:
1. On the TikTok App
- Open TikTok on your phone.
- Tap the + icon at the bottom center of your screen.
- Record a TikTok video by pressing the pink circle at the bottom of your screen.
- After the video has been recorded, tap the pink check mark at the bottom right of your screen.
- Tap Next to open the Post page.
- Tap the Drafts button in the bottom left corner next to the Post page to save your video to the Drafts folder.
- When you tap Drafts, you’ll get a notification at the top of your screen saying Saved to drafts.
2. Through the Camera App
- Open your smartphone camera app. Switch to video recording mode by tapping the camcorder button at the bottom right of your screen.
- Record a video by pressing the camcorder button at the bottom center of your screen.
- Press the camcorder button again after recording the video. It will be automatically saved to your phone.
- Close the camera app and open TikTok.
- Tap the + button to record a video.
- Tap Upload to access your camera roll.
- Find the video you recorded on your phone’s camera and tap it. You can also choose multiple videos by checking a little circle at the bottom left next to Select multiple.
- Edit the video and select Next.
- Tap Drafts to save the video as a draft on your phone.
How to Delete TikTok Drafts? -2 Simple Ways
To delete TikTok drafts, open the TikTok app and tap the Profile icon > Drafts. Then tap the Select button at the top right corner to choose the video draft you want to delete, and tap Delete. You can also delete a draft by long-pressing a video thumbnail and tapping Delete.
Similarly, you can delete multiple videos in one go. Now, let’s take a look at different ways to delete TikTok drafts.
1. From the Drafts Folder
- Open TikTok and tap the Profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the Drafts folder to see all your drafted videos.
- Tap Select at the top right corner. You can also press and hold the thumbnail of the video you want to delete.
- Tap the videos you want to delete, and the empty circle on the top right of each thumbnail will turn into a pink check mark.
- Tap Delete at the bottom of the screen to delete the drafts with a pink check mark.
- Tap Delete on the pop-up dialog box to confirm.
2. Other Methods
Besides deleting drafts from the Drafts folder, you can also uninstall and reinstall the TikTok app. Since drafts are stored locally, they will be deleted after you uninstall the app.
Additionally, if you switch devices, you won’t see drafts on the new device. While they won’t be deleted from the original device, you can’t access them on the new one.
Can I Recover Deleted Drafts on TikTok?
No, unfortunately, it is not possible to recover deleted drafts on TikTok. TikTok doesn’t save your drafts on any cloud but on your local memory. So, if you lose a TikTok draft, it’s gone for good.
Unfortunately, you can’t recover deleted drafts on TikTok. Unlike some other services, TikTok drafts don’t land in a trash bin, where they’d stay for certain days before being permanently deleted. When you delete a TikTok draft, it is permanently deleted from your device.
Since TikTok drafts aren’t stored on the cloud, you won’t be able to restore or recover them. So, be careful when deleting anything to prevent losing your TikTok content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I find my drafts on TikTok?
You may not find TikTok drafts because they are stored locally instead of being saved on TikTok’s servers. So, if your device has a glitch, you’ll lose all drafts saved locally. Similarly, if you uninstall and reinstall the app, all drafts will be deleted.
Does TikTok save drafts on the account or device?
Tiktok drafts aren’t stored on the account or cloud; instead, they are stored locally on your device. You can only access the drafts on the device you used to save them. If you open your TikTok account on another device, you won’t be able to access your drafts.
How can I recover my TikTok drafts?
Permanently deleted TikTok drafts cannot be recovered because they are not backed up on the cloud. If you have manually saved drafts to your camera roll, you will have access to them. But if you delete the drafts or uninstall the app, you won’t be able to recover them.