Curious to see how many friends you have on Snapchat? Unlike other social media apps, Snapchat doesn’t have a friends list feature to show you the exact number of friends you have on this app. Still, there are a few ways that can help you get an idea of how many Snapchat friends you have. In this article, I have covered the three most useful ways how to see how many friends you have on Snapchat.
Table of Contents
- How to See How Many Friends You Have on Snapchat
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to See How Many Friends You Have on Snapchat
The best way to know how many friends you have on your Snapchat is to review the total number of contacts that you have. Get an accurate count of your Snapchat friends by navigating to the My Friends section and scrolling through the list of contacts that you have. Additionally, you can use Snap Maps or post a story to find out how many friends you have.
Keeping track of how many friends you have on Snapchat can be tricky, especially when you’re constantly adding new ones. While there is no direct way to get an exact total number of your friends on Snapchat, there are still some useful workarounds. Here are my top three simple methods to see the total number of friends in the Snapchat contact list:
1. Go to My Friends Section
The My Friends section of Snapchat lets you see your friends on Snapchat. To access this feature, simply open Snapchat and follow the steps below:
- Tap on the Profile Icon in the top-left corner of the home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find the My friends tab.
- Press the My Friends tab. This will take you to a list that contains all your contacts and their Snapchat usernames.
Here, you can scroll through your list and count the total number of friends that you have.
2. Use Snap Maps to View Your Connections
Another way to get an accurate count of your Snapchat friends is by using the Snap Maps feature. To do this,
- Open your Snapchat app and tap on the Map icon at the bottom left corner of your home screen.
- Next, tap Settings (gear icon) at the top right corner of your screen.
- This will prompt an Enable Location popup.
- Select Enable Location (or you can manually turn on your device location).
- Tap on Map Settings (gear icon) again. This will take you to the Settings menu.
- Now tap Ghost Mode.
- This will show a popup message with three options.
- Choose Only These Friends.
- Selecting Only These Friends will take you to a page that alphabetically shows all your added friends. Once you’re on this page, then scroll through the list of contacts to see who has been added to your network.
- Select all the friends on your friend list and tap Save.
- After tapping Save, you can now see the exact number of your friends below the option Only These Friends.
3. Post a Story to Find Out Your Contact Count
Finally, one of the quickest ways to find out how many friends you have on Snapchat is by posting a story. This is an easy way to see who has already viewed your post and how many people have interacted with it. While it doesn’t give you a total count of how many friends you have on Snapchat, it helps you get an idea of the contacts you interact with the most.
Here’s how to see how many friends you have on Snapchat by using your snap story.
- Open the Snapchat application on your mobile phone and tap on your Profile icon.
- Scroll down to the My Stories section.
- Here, you’ll be able to see how many people have seen or reacted to your Story posts.
But note that this may give you an inaccurate count of your friends on Snapchat, as it’s not necessary that all your friends have seen your stories and posts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we see other people’s friend lists on Snapchat?
No, you cannot see other people’s friend lists on Snapchat. To protect users’ privacy, Snapchat does not allow its users to view each other’s full list of friends. However, if your snap story is visible to the public or the My Story option is open to all contacts, then your viewers can see the list of people who viewed or reacted to your post.
Can you see your bestie friend list on Snapchat?
Yes, you can see your bestie friend list by navigating to the Profile icon > My Friends. This will open a list of your friends on Snapchat, which is divided into different categories. The first category is Best Friends, under which you can see your Snapchat bestie’s account.
Why can’t I see my friend list on Snapchat?
If you aren’t able to access your friends list on Snapchat, it’s possible that you have accidentally hidden it. Or else your Snapchat account may have been compromised or hacked. (If you think so, immediately change your password and enable two-factor authentication.) Apart from that, It’s also possible that you may have deleted your friend list by mistake. To restore it, you can try reaching out to Snapchat’s customer support team for assistance.
Lastly, there may be a problem with the Snapchat app or your device. Try force quitting the app and restarting your device to see if that fixes the issue. If the problem persists, try reinstalling the app or contact Snapchat’s customer support team for further assistance.
How to see how many friends you have on Snapchat?
To see how many friends you have on Snapchat, simply tap your Profile icon, and tap My Friends. Here, you can scroll through your friend list and see how many Snapchat friends you have.
Alternatively, you can use Snap Maps to see how many friends you have. Simply tap the Location Pin icon on the right bottom and select the Gear icon on the top right. Here, enable your location and disable the Ghost Mode for Only These Friends… This will show you the list of your Snapchat friends.
Another way to find how many Snapchat friends you have is to post a story and see how many views you get. However, keep in mind that it will not count the friends who don’t view your story. Still, it’s a good way to find out how many Snapchat friends actively interact with your Snaps and stories.