The PlayStation 4 isn’t only for playing games. It can also be used as an entertainment hub to stream content from various streaming apps. Among the many popular streaming apps, Paramount Plus on PS4 seems to be the favorite of all.
If you are fond of watching movies and TV shows and want to stream Paramount plus content on your PS4 console, this article has the answer to all your questions. So, here’s how to use Paramount Plus on PS4.
Table of Contents
- What is Paramount Plus?
- What Subscription Plans Does Paramount Plus Offer?
- How to Set Up and Activate Paramount Plus on PS4?
- How to Stream Paramount on PS4?
- How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on PS4?
- Can You Stream Paramount Plus on PS5?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Paramount Plus?
Paramount plus is a streaming app like Netflix and Amazon prime that streams on-demand content. Here you will be able to see Paramount’s original content as well as content from other libraries, such as Nickelodeon, Showtime, MTV, and many more.
What makes it so popular is that it offers over 40,000 On-Demand shows and content and streams of PGA Golf, NFL, UEFA League, etc. Moreover, all this content is available in multiple languages, such as Swedish, Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish, and many more.
What Subscription Plans Does Paramount Plus Offer?
Paramount Plus offers two subscription plans for streaming on PS4: Essential and Premium. Both plans give you access to thousands of movies, shows, etc. However, the Essential Plan has frequent ads, while the Premium Plan is ad-free, except for Live TV streams.
There are two main subscription plans for Paramount plus that you can avail of. The detail for each plan are mentioned below:
1. Essential Plan
The essential subscription plan gives you access to thousands of movies, Tv shows, live news from the CBS network, and some sporting events. For this plan, you will be charged $4.99/month. You will have to pay 16% less if you go for a yearly subscription which is only $49.99/year.
Note: You may experience ads in the essential subscription plan. If you don’t like to be interpreted while streaming, you should go for the Premium plan.
2. Premium Plan
In the premium subscription plan, you can view similar content to the essential plan. The only difference is that you don’t get interpreted by ads and have access to more sporting events. This subscription plan comes at $9.99/month, but you can save 16% if you go for the yearly subscription, which is $99.9/year.
Note: You would see commercials in the premium plan while watching Live TV streams.
How to Set Up and Activate Paramount Plus on PS4?
To set up and activate your Paramount Plus on PS4, you first need to install the Paramount app on your PlayStation. Then, sign up for Paramount and start streaming it on your PlayStation.
To stream Paramount plus content on your console, you first have to install the Paramount plus app and then activate the subscription. The steps for installation and subscription are mentioned below:
- First, connect your PS4 console to your smart TV with an HDMI cable.
- Ensure the console and the smart TV are connected to a strong internet source.
- Navigate to the Home screen of your PS4 and open the Main Menu page.
- Open the Microsoft store and search for Paramount plus.
- Once you find Paramount Plus on PS4, select it and tap the Install button.
2. Sign Up
- Once the installation is complete, launch the Paramount plus on PS4 console.
- Select the Sign-up option. An access code will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Open the official website of Paramount plus from your preferred browser.
- Here you have to register the code displayed on your Tv screen and press the Activate option.
- Choose a subscription plan you like and press it to continue.
- Now create a Paramount plus account.
- Once you have added all the information for making an account, tap Sign Up.
- After this, you can stream Paramount plus content on your PS4 console.
How to Stream Paramount on PS4?
To stream Paramount Plus on PS4, you can use PS Remote Play. Alternatively, you can screencast it from an Android or an Apple device and enjoy it on your PS4.
There are multiple ways to stream Paramount plus on PS4. Let’s take a look at the steps for each method one by one so you can choose the most convenient method.
1. Use PS Remote Play
This is the most common method for streaming Paramount plus on PS4. Here’s what to do:
- First, connect your PS4 and TV with an HDMI cable.
- Make sure the PS4 and TV are connected to the same internet source.
- Turn on Remote Play from the Settings section of your PS4 and enable Remote Play connection settings.
- After this, select your PS4 as a primary by going to the Setting and Account Management section.
- Now change its status to Available in Rest Mode and select Stay connected to the internet. Furthermore, from your PS4 settings, Enable turning on PS4 from Network.
- Now connect your smartphone to the same internet source as your PS4.
- Go to your app store and install the PS Remote Play and Paramount plus apps.
- Once the apps are installed, open the PS Remote Play app and log in to your account.
- Link your phone and PS4 console together. Your mobile screen will then appear on the TV to which the PS4 console is connected.
- Login to the Paramount plus app on your mobile and stream content.
2. Screen Cast from Other Devices
If you want, you can skip the Remote Play part and use screen mirroring to cast your mobile screen on the PS4 console. Based on your device, you can choose from the methods mentioned below.
Cast from an Android Device
- First, ensure your device and the PS4 console are connected to the same internet source.
- Then launch the Play Store and install the Paramount plus app on your device.
- After the installation is complete, sign in to your Paramount plus account.
- Once you have signed in, stream any Paramount plus content on your device and press the Cast icon on your screen.
- From the list of devices, select your PS4 console. Your mobile screen will then appear on your PS4.
Airplay from an Apple Device
- Ensure that the apple device and PS4 console are connected to the same internet source.
- Launch the App Store and install the Paramount plus app on your Apple device.
- Open the app and log in to your Paramount plus account after it is installed.
- Stream any Paramount plus content on your apple device and press the AirPlay icon on your screen.
- From the list of devices, select your PS4 console. Now the screen of your apple device will be casted on the PS4 console.
How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on PS4?
To fix Paramount Plus not working on PS4, restart or update your Paramount Plus app, and restart your device if the issue persists. If all fails, contact customer support.
If you don’t have a stable internet connection or haven’t updated the Paramount app for a while, you can face some issues and glitches while streaming on Paramount plus. To resolve such problems, you can try out these troubleshooting methods.
1. Restart Paramount Plus
If the Paramount plus on PS4 app keeps on crashing when you try to stream content on it, the first thing you should do is restart the app. Here’s how
- While the Paramount plus app is open, press the PS button on your PS4 controller until Quick Menu appears on your display.
- Tap Close Application.
- After the app closes, relaunch it after a few seconds.
2. Update the Paramount Plus on PS4
If restarting the app doesn’t solve your issue, you need to check if the app is up-to-date. You can do this by following these steps:
- Highlight the app in the content area and select the options button.
- Select Check for Updates. If updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically.
3. Restart Your Device
If you’re having problems while streaming even after updating the app, you should restart your PS4 console to see if it helps. Here are a few ways to restart your PS4 console:
- From the function screen, tap on Power and select Turn off PS4. Once your console powers off, restart it by pressing the power button.
- Open Quick Menu and tap on Power, then select Turn Off PS4. After it shuts down, select the Power button to turn the console back on.
- Press the power button for at least 7 seconds until the console beeps twice. After the console turns off, restart it by pressing the power button.
4. Contact Customer Support
If none of the solutions work, the only option left is to contact customer support. You need to provide your IP address or device ID to the customer support representative to solve the issue. So make sure you have that. If you don’t know the IP address or device ID, you can find it by following the steps below:
To find your IP address:
- From the Main Menu, select Settings and go to Network.
- Press the View Connection Status option. Your IP address will be mentioned on this page.
To find your MAC address (no Device ID)
- Go to Settings from the Main Menu and select Network.
- Tap on View Connection Status. Your Mac address will appear on this page.
Can You Stream Paramount Plus on PS5?
Officially, no. You can’t stream Paramount Plus on PS5 through an official route yet. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do it at all. You can stream Paramount Plus on PS5 through screen mirroring or PS Remote Play.
Paramount plus hasn’t yet been released on PS5, but that doesn’t mean you can’t stream Paramount plus content on it. The are some indirect ways you can use to stream Paramount plus on your PS5, which are mentioned below:
1. Screen Mirror Paramount Plus on PS5
Screen casting is the most straightforward way to stream Paramount plus content on PS5. Here are the steps to screencast on PS5:
- Install the Paramount plus app on your smartphone. This app is available for both Apple and Android devices.
- Download the Screen Casting App on your smartphone from this link.
- Launch the Paramount plus app on your smartphone and log in to your account.
- Power on your PS5 and make sure your phone a console are connected to the same wifi network.
- Press the PS button on your PS5 controller and press Game Base.
- Select anyone of your friends and choose Messages > Send a Quick Message.
- Send this screen casting link https://tvee.app to that friend.
- Now open the link on your PS5.
- Open the Screen Mirroring App on your phone and scan the QR code appearing on the screen.
- Tap on Start Broadcast. Your mobile screen will now start appearing on the TV.
- Launch the Paramount plus app on your phone and stream your desired movie.
2. Stream Paramount Plus on PS5 via PS Remote Play
If you don’t prefer the screen-casting option, you can stream content from your mobile to PS5 using Remote Play. Here’s how to do that
- Install the PS Remote Play app from the app store on your smartphone. It’s available for free on both apple and android devices.
- Make sure your smartphone and PS5 are connected to the same wifi source.
- Now in your console, open Settings > System > Remote Play.
- Enable Remote Play by pressing the toggle.
- After this, go back to System and select Power Saving.
- Choose Features Available in Rest Mode and allow the Stay Connected to the Internet option.
- Go to the PS Remote Play app on your smartphone and sign in to your account. Your phone’s screen will now be casted on your PS5.
- Open the Paramount plus app and stream any content you like.
Frequently Asked Questions
What other consoles let you stream Paramount Plus?
Apart from PS4, no other PlayStation console supports Paramount plus. However, you can stream paramount plus content on the following Xbox consoles:
1. Xbox One
2. Xbox Series S
3. Xbox Series X
Does Paramount Plus offer a free trial?
After you pick a plan on Paramount Plus, you get a 7-day free trial. During that trial, if you don’t want to use Paramount plus, you can cancel your subscription and get back the money you paid.
What other streaming apps can I use on PS4?
There are many streaming apps that you can use on PS4. Out of all the apps, YouTube, Netflix, Twitch, Crunchyroll, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Spotify are the most popular.
How do I cancel my Paramount Plus PS4?
If you want to cancel your subscription to Paramount Plus, here are the steps to do that:
1. Go to paramountplus.com
2. Tap on your Username in the right-upper corner.
3. Select Account.
4. Scroll down and press Cancel subscription.
How to use Paramount Plus on PS4?
To use Paramount Plus on a PS4, first download the Paramount Plus app from the PlayStation Store. Once the app is installed, open it and sign in with your Paramount Plus account information. If you do not have an account, you can create one from within the app. Once you are logged in, you can browse and watch the available content on the service. Some content may require an additional subscription or payment to access.