Having two accounts can be a great way to separate your personal and professional lives on Snapchat. Or, if you’re running a business, you can use one account for marketing purposes and the other for customer support or personal use. Whichever reason you might have for wanting two accounts, I’ll show you how to make it happen!
Table of Contents
- Can You Have Two Snapchat Accounts?
- Here’s How to Create a Second Snapchat Account
- How to Manage Two Snapchat Accounts from the Same Device
- 2 Ways to Use Two Snapchat Accounts on Android at a Time
- How to Use Two Snapchat Accounts Simultaneously on iOS
- How to Make the Most of Your Second Snapchat Account
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Have Two Snapchat Accounts?
Yes, you can have as many Snapchat accounts as you want. However, you can only be logged into one account at a time on the same device. Also, each Snapchat account needs to be linked to a different email address.
So, basically, it’s possible to have two or more Snapchat accounts at a time. But there are some limitations:
- You can only have one Snapchat account logged in on the same device at the same time. So if you’re trying to juggle multiple accounts, you’ll need to log out and log back in every time you want to switch between them.
- To create a second Snapchat account, you need a new email address, as Snapchat doesn’t allow you to link a single email address to more than one account.
- You can have a second Snapchat account with the same phone number if one account is personal and the other one is a business account. But you can’t have more than one personal account or business account with the same phone number.
- Each Snapchat account needs to have a unique username. You can’t have a second Snapchat account with the same username.
Here’s How to Create a Second Snapchat Account
To create a second Snapchat account, log out of your current account, Sign Up with a new email address, phone number, and username. And there you have your second Snapchat account. You can create multiple Snapchat accounts in the same way.
Creating a new account on Snapchat is just like creating your first one. The only difference is that you’ll need a different email address, phone number (in some cases), and username. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Snapchat and tap your Profile at the top left of the screen.
- Tap the Settings icon at the top right of your screen.
- Scroll down to the Log Out option and tap it.
- A window will pop up confirming if you want to log out. Tap the Log Out button to confirm.
- After you have logged out of your current Snapchat account, you will be directed to the log-in page. Now, tap the Sign Up option at the bottom of the log-in page and go through the sign-up process using a different email address and username.
And now, your second Snapchat account is ready.
How to Manage Two Snapchat Accounts from the Same Device
To use two Snapchat accounts, you need to log out of the first one and log in with the second. As of now, Snapchat doesn’t allow you to stay logged into more than one account on a single device at the same time. So, you’ll need to keep switching between the two.
Here is a detailed breakdown of how to use two Snapchat accounts on iOS and Android devices:
- Open Snapchat and log out of your current account by tapping your Profile icon > Settings icon > Log Out.
- Once logged out, the app will direct you to the log-in page. Here, tap the Switch Account option at the bottom right of the page.
- Fill in the credentials of your second account that you have created using a different email address and username. Then tap Log In.
And now, you will be able to use your second account. If you want to go back to the first account, follow the same process.
2 Ways to Use Two Snapchat Accounts on Android at a Time
To use two Snapchat accounts simultaneously on Android, you can use the default app cloner or a third-party cloning app. These apps create a clone of existing apps on your phone so that you can log into them with a different account.
There are two ways to use a second Snapchat account on the same Android device. The first is to use the app cloning feature that most of the latest Android phones have. But if your phone doesn’t have it, you can use some third-party app instead. So, let’s get started.
1. Using the Default App Cloner
Most Android phones these days have an application cloning feature by default. This eliminates the need to install third-party apps for cloning apps on your phone.
Depending on which Android phone you are using, the name of this cloning feature may differ. On most phones, it is called App Cloner, while on some other Android devices, it may be called Dual Space or Dual App. But all of these mean the same and perform the same functions.
Similarly, the process of using the default Android application cloning feature may vary slightly from device to device. But still, the process is more or less similar. To explain the steps, we are taking the example of Nord CE2.
So, here’s how to use two Snapchat accounts simultaneously on Android through its default cloning feature:
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap Apps.
- Select App cloner. Now, you will find a list of social media and messaging apps on your device, such as Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, etc.
- Tap on Snapchat and toggle On the switch next to Create app clone. Your device may take a couple of seconds to set up the clone app.
And now, you have created a clone app for Snapchat. Just open this Snapchat clone, log in with the credentials of your other Snapchat account– and you will have two Snapchat accounts running on your device at the same time.
Note: The process of cloning apps using the default feature slightly differs across different Android devices. On some Android phones, you’d need to navigate to Advanced Features in the Settings app instead of the Apps section.
2. Using Third-Party Apps
If you don’t have a default cloning feature in your phone, you can still clone Snapchat using a third-party app, cloner. Parallel App and Multiple Accounts are some of the best cloning apps on the Google Play Store. Install any app of your choice to clone Snapchat.
Then, follow these steps, which are more or less the same on all cloning apps:
- Open the cloning app, and you will find some of your device’s apps on its screen. If you don’t see Snapchat there, click the large plus (+) icon on the right side of your screen.
- Scroll down and once you find the Snapchat app, tap the Add button next to it.
Now, the cloning app will take a few seconds to create a clone of the Snapchat app. Once it’s done, your Snapchat clone app will open automatically, and you can start using it for your second account.
How to Use Two Snapchat Accounts Simultaneously on iOS
To use two Snapchat accounts simultaneously on an iOS device, you need to install a third-party cloning app, as iOS devices currently don’t offer any default feature for app cloning. So, you can use Snapchat++, Parallel Space, or TuTuApp.
Unfortunately, iOS devices don’t have any default dual-app features. But there are still some reliable third-party apps that can help you use two Snapchat accounts on your iOS device simultaneously. You can use Snapchat++, Parallel Space, or TutuApp.
So, follow the same steps as explained in the previous section if you want to clone your iOS device to use two Snapchat accounts.
How to Make the Most of Your Second Snapchat Account
There are a few different ways you can use your second Snapchat account. Here are some ideas:
1. Use one account for personal snaps and the other for work-related content.
2. Create a marketing account for your business and use it to run promotions and offer discounts to your followers.
3. Use one account for snapping your friends and family, and the other for following celebrities and public figures.
4. If you’re a student, you could use one account for school-related snaps and the other for personal ones.
5. Or, you could simply use one account for posting pictures and the other for posting videos.
The possibilities are endless! So go ahead and create that second Snapchat account today. And if you need help managing multiple accounts, be sure to check out our guide on how to use multiple Snapchat accounts on one device.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to delete my second Snapchat account?
If you decide that you no longer want to use one of your Snapchat accounts, you can delete it by going to your Settings and tapping on the Delete Account option. You’ll then be asked to enter your password and confirm that you want to delete the account. Keep in mind that once you delete an account, it’s gone forever and cannot be recovered.
Can I make 2 Snapchat accounts with a single email?
No, it is not possible to have more than one account on Snapchat using the same email address. If you want to use multiple Snapchat accounts, you will need multiple email addresses.
How many accounts can I save on one Snapchat app?
There is no official specified limit as to how many accounts you can save on your Snapchat app. So far, we have used one single Snapchat app for using 4 different accounts with varying usernames and linked email addresses. So, it’s safe to say that you can save up to 4 accounts on a single Snapchat app.
Can I create a Snapchat account without adding my phone number?
Yes, it is possible to create a Snapchat account without using any phone number. All you need to do is when you sign up for Snapchat, select the sign up with email instead option and continue with the rest of the signup process. And that’s done! You’ll have a new Snapchat account without adding any phone number.