Snapchat has fabulous features, but none spur creativity like the Snapchat lenses. It lets you alter the appearance of anything physical within your camera range in real time. Looking for a way to add some flair to your Snaps? The new butterflies lens is a great way to do just that!
In this post, I’ll show you how to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat. So, read on.
Table of Contents
- What is the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat?
- How to Unlock the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can Butterflies Lens work on two people in the same frame?
- How to unlock more filters on Snapchat?
- Can I overlap filters on Snapchat?
- How can I use someone else’s face on Snapchat?
- How Can I Send a Lens Link to Other Snapchatters without using the Snapchat App?
- How to unlock the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat?
What is the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat?
Snapchat butterflies lens adds AR butterflies to your photos and videos. It detects your face and physical appearance using your device’s camera and adjusts virtual butterflies flying into your photos and videos.
Since 2016, these butterfly lenses are continuously growing and have become more lively with many features. It can now slim your face, brighten your skin, and change your background. Plus, more features keep adding up due to its immense popularity among global Snapchatters.
How to Unlock the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat?
To unlock the butterflies lenses on Snapchat, you can search for them in the app, get the lens link from a friend, use snap stories of others, or scan Snap codes. You can also explore the creator collections in the Snapchat lens studio section.
Now, let me show you how to use these 5 simple and easy methods to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat:
1. Search for the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat
This is the simplest method to unlock the butterflies lens. All you need is the Snapchat app installed on your mobile device, as the lenses feature only works on them.
Once you have the app on your mobile device, follow these steps:
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Tap on the Search icon at the top-left or open More Lenses at the bottom.
- Type “butterflies lens” in the search bar and explore the butterfly lens.
- Once you tap the butterflies lens, the Snap tab will automatically open with the lens loaded in the Capture button.
2. Get a Butterflies Lens Link from a Snapchat Friend
Find a Snapchatter with the butterflies lens saved in their profile. Then, use this method to unlock the exciting Snapchat butterfly lens for your snap camera.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Snapchat on your mobile, then tap on the Chat icon at the bottom.
- Next, ask your friend via chat box to search for the butterfly lens in their profile within the More Lenses tab.
- Once your friend finds the butterfly lens, ask them tap the Share icon at the bottom left.
- Then, ask them to use the Copy Link option.
- Your friend should now return to your chat box to paste and send that copied link to you.
- Tap on the link received from your Snapchat friend.
- You can now see and use the butterfly lens in your Snapchat camera, which your friend sent via Snapchat inbox.
Note: You or other Snapchat users can also use Send to Friends option via the i button. It appears at the top left corner when any Snapchat filter is active in the lens.
3. Use Snap Codes to Unlock Butterflies Lens on Snapchat
You’ll need more than one device to follow this method. This is because you have to scan the QR code (or Snap code), and it is difficult to do that from the same device.
So, after getting another device, these are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open your web browser other than your mobile and head to lens.snapchat.com. Then, type “butterflies lens” in the search bar, and press Enter.
- Find and select the Butterflies lens that you like, and click Continue. (Here, I have selected Purple Butterfly Lens).
- Or else, you can open the image in a new tab for clarity. Right-click the Lens QR Code image and select Open image in new tab.
- Launch Snapchat on your mobile device, and tap on the QR Code Scan icon in the mid-right.
- Let the butterflies lens load into your Snapchat camera.
And your Butterflies Lens is ready to use!
Note: You can also unlock the Snapchat butterfly lens with the Snapcode image saved in your camera roll. Use Scan from Camera Roll within the Snapcodes settings to load that image into your app’s camera lens. However, this method is only available for iPhone users.
4. Use Snap Stories to Get Butterflies Lens on Snapchat
Snapchat lets you get the butterflies lens– in fact, any Snapchat lens– from other Snapchatters’ stories. Plus, you can save them in your Snap Moments or add them to your Favorite Lens section for later use.
So, if you want to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat from others’ snap stories, follow the steps below:
- Open Snapchat and tap on Stories at the bottom right.
- Tap on your friend’s profile icon to view their snap stories.
- Next, you’ll need to tap on the Snapchat lens icon at the bottom-left corner.
- Once the lens loads into your app’s camera, you can make your own short videos using the same butterfly filter as your friend.
5. Explore the Snapchat Creator Collections
Snapchat has a studio feature where millions of professional Snapchatters create various lenses. Their work is often featured on the official website of the Snapchat lens. You can also get the butterfly lens from their collection in your Snapchat account.
Here are the steps to unlock butterfly lenses from the creator’s collection:
- Visit lens.snapchat.com in your web browser, and explore this page using the Search bar at the top until you find the butterfly lens filters.
- Once you find the butterfly lens, click on it. (In my case, I found the Cute Butterfly Lens).
- Select Continue, or you can choose to open it with the Snapchat app if it is installed on your mobile device.
- Click Copy Link to share it on your Snapchat.
- Open the link via your Snapchat app, and you’ll see the Cute Butterfly Lens in the app’s lens button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Butterflies Lens work on two people in the same frame?
Currently, most butterfly lenses do not work on more than one face. But it is possible to find them in the Snapchat creator collections, as they are quite trendy these days. Or you can also create and customize the butterfly lenses with the Snapchat Lens Studio tool.
How to unlock more filters on Snapchat?
Snapchat is constantly rolling out the latest filters and switching the old ones. So, the best way is to use the app regularly, check all the filters in their sections, and save them in your moment. Also, make sure to keep the app updated to the latest version.
Can I overlap filters on Snapchat?
You can overlap (or stack) multiple filters on a single photo using the Snapchat app. First, you have to take a snap. Then, hold one filter with a long press while swiping left (or right) with another finger. This will mix different filters altogether on your photo.
How can I use someone else’s face on Snapchat?
Open the selfie mode on Snapchat. Then, long press the screen – anywhere away from the camera shutter – until you see a white mask. This will activate the face indexing mode. Once done, you can now swap your face with the snaps in your camera roll or faces available on Snapchat.
How Can I Send a Lens Link to Other Snapchatters without using the Snapchat App?
If you are using a device that doesn’t have a Snapchat app, you can either send the Snapcode image or copy its link to send your friends. Then, your friend should scan that image or follow that link via their Snapchat app to unlock the butterflies lens on their account.
How to unlock the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat?
To unlock the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat, you can simply search for it in Snapchat’s Lens section or explore the Snapchat Creator Collections.
Alternatively, you can get the Lens link from a friend or get the lens from their stories. You can also use Snap Codes to get the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat.